With the Soybean Festival right around the corner, it’s no wonder why everyone is excited.
Since 1994, the Tennessee Soybean Festival has been providing entertainment, live music, vendors and more for Northwest Tennessee residents, celebrating the common bond in agriculture. It has have even earned itself the title of “largest tourist event in the City of Martin,” according to the festival’s site.
The festival has brought great acts such as Joan Jett and Tim McGraw to the main stage, and has brought annual memorable days such as the Disney/superhero-themed Magical Martin Day to the citizens each year. They have yet to disappoint so far with what they are bringing to the festival this year.
Listed below are the highlights of the festival activities:
- Magical Martin Day: September 3 at 4:00 p.m.
- Martin Community Band concert with Taulbee: September 3 at 6:00 p.m.
- Third-annual Guitar As Art contest and exhibition: September 4 at 2:00 p.m.
- Hunter Hayes concert: September 5 at 9:00 p.m., tickets are $20
- Soybean Festival parade from University St. to Lindell St.: September 6 at 6:30 p.m.
- Faith and Community Night concert: September 7 at 6:00 p.m.
- Plain White T’s concert/UTM Student Night: September 8 at 9:00 p.m., tickets free to UTM students, remaining tickets are $15 before show day and $20 on show day
- Third-Annual Sammies Bacon Eating Contest: September 9 at 6:30 p.m.
- Vince Gill concert: September 9 at 9:00 p.m.
- Street Fair and Carnival, downtown: September 10 at 10:00 a.m.
- Sodexo Sunday Brunch at UTM Dining Hall: September 11 from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., $10.82 for adults and $5.08 for children under 10
For more information and a detailed schedule of the events, check the Arts&Entertainment section or visit the festival’s site at http://www.tnsoybeanfestival.org/.
We at The Pacer want everyone to an enjoy the Soybean Festival to the fullest this year!